What happens before and during an appointment?
It’s recognised that social distancing isn’t possible for close contact professions. Therefore, to minimise the risk of contracting and spreading COVID-19 infection current government guidelines recommend that the length of time spent face to face during therapeutic treatments is, as far as is reasonably possible, kept to a minimum.
With that in mind, if you are a new client, you will be asked to complete an initial telephone/online questionnaire prior to your first booked appointment with me. This is to ensure that it isn’t necessary for you to consult with a qualified medical practitioner beforehand. It is also to check that the complementary therapies offered by Wood Tiger Therapies are suitable for you.
The initial consultation questionnaire will aim to capture as detailed a picture as possible of the problem for which Tui Na massage or Reiki is requested, so that you can get the most out of your treatment. The answers you provide will be used to formulate your treatment plan going forward.
Please see the website section, entitled Data Protection, General Data Protection Regulation and Privacy Statement for further information on how your information is stored.
A further online health declaration must be completed and returned to me 24 hours before any booked treatment. If you have any symptoms of COVID-19, or any person in your household is self-isolating, it will be necessary to reschedule your appointment. Please see the section entitled, Cancellations, for further information.
So you will be asked prior to your treatment to…
- complete a short COVID-19 consultation form
- contact me and re-schedule if you have any symptoms of COVID-19, or if any person in your household is self-isolating
- pay in advance for the booked appointment
On arrival, I will…
- ask you to wash your hands or use hand sanitiser before treatment
- follow guidelines on the use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- have disinfected non-porous materials, e.g. massage couch and equipment
- have washed porous materials e.g. pillowcases, sheets and towels
- have replaced couch roll and other disposable materials
- have ventilated the treatment room and reception area
- have changed my tunic/top/apron if needed
- wear durable, disposable gloves when cleaning the premises
- maintain social distancing before and after the treatment
At your treatment…
- please bring a bottle of water for your refreshment
- arrive at the agreed time and ensure social distancing before and after the treatment
- wash your hands or use hand sanitiser upon arrival
- follow guidelines on the use of PPE
Covid-19 policy statement
This policy outlines some of the key measures I have taken to reduce the risk of spreading coronavirus (COVID-19). Please note the content may be subject to change.
Adhering to guidelines
Throughout the pandemic, I will be following guidelines issued by the government, NHS, other relevant authorities and my professional association, the Federation of Holistic Therapists, regarding safe and hygienic practice and the use of any personal protective equipment (PPE).
COVID-19 Risk Assessment
I have carried out a full risk assessment, in line with guidance from the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), in order to:
- identify what work activity or situations might cause transmission of the virus;
- think about who could be at risk;
- decide how likely it is that someone could be exposed; and to
- act to remove the activity or situation, or if this isn’t possible, control the risk.
Prior to seeing any of my clients, I will be:
- monitoring my own health and deferring treatments if I have COVID-19 or symptoms of COVID-19.
- contacting my clients 24 hours in advance and deferring any treatments if: they have COVID-19 or symptoms of COVID-19; are clinically extremely vulnerable and shielding; anyone in their household has COVID-19 or symptoms of COVID-19; they have been in close contact with someone who has symptoms of COVID-19 in the past 14 days; they have been contacted by the NHS Test and Trace Service and told to self-isolate.
- asking my clients to call and cancel and defer treatment on the morning of their appointment if they have a temperature or other symptoms of COVID-19.
Enhanced cleaning and hygiene measures
I have introduced enhanced cleaning and hygiene measures between clients, which includes washing and disinfecting any non-porous surfaces and therapy equipment, such as chairs and couches, and replacing any porous or single-use items, such as towels and couch roll. Strict personal hygiene measures will also be adhered to, including regular handwashing/ sanitising.
Adapting or restricting treatments
It may be necessary for me to adapt or restrict certain treatments, in order to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19 and/or protect my clients’ health and safety. Any clients likely to be impacted will be advised as soon as possible.
Maintaining social distancing
Please note that while many treatments involve close contact, I will be observing social distancing measures wherever possible. This might include, for example, maintaining an appropriate distance during the consultation process, and when arriving and leaving for an appointment.
If a client contacts me to cancel or defer their prepaid treatment at short notice because they have COVID-19 or symptoms of COVID-19, my standard cancellation fees will be waived. The client will be asked to kindly confirm in writing that their appointment has been cancelled or deferred because they have COVID-19 or symptoms of COVID-19. For missed appointments with no notification, 100% of the prepaid treatment fee will be retained.
For more information…
I am happy to be contacted to discuss any aspect of your treatment during this time. Please contact me at: